Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just Call Me Mr. Woman



So, I sew. I have officially stepped over it. It being the invisible line in my brain in which I could approach but not cross. Its the great barrier dividing football watching, beer chugging, free-throw shooting, fast car driving, and gun shooting from bread baking, curtain hanging, furniture arranging, and fashion awareness (if you've ever seen me, you know this awareness is pretty lacking). The two sides have lived together with mutual respect and admiration, but the silently agreed upon boundary has been broken...I sewed. However, I have justification. Christmas is rapidly approaching and in an effort to save some mullah I have broadened my horizons. It was actually kind of fun, and super simple. Who needs to go to 4 years of medical school and 7 more years of surgical residency?! Come on over and I'll stitch up that pancreas and abdominal wall for free. The idea for the felt veggies and finger puppets came from this website Nocona loves called thelongthread.com. It has a ton of ideas for making gifts and things. Made gifts are better than bought gifts anyway. And, if that's not enough justification, I still carry a gun and fight for a living...a little sewing's not going to have too much impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment