Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Free is Better Than Not Free

I love free stuff! My mother-in-law drinks somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,003,876 Diet Cokes per month and saves all the bottle caps and 12-pack codes for me. I take the codes and enter them at mycokerewards.com. The codes add up to points that can be used to purchase free stuff (well, free for me at least). So far, I have about 7 of more new year-long magazine subscriptions. BooYah. Everybody in this house loves to read. I think Isabel's love for reading is the result of seeing mommy and daddy reading all the time. Who needs cable?! Don't you think part of societies problems could be solved if we turned off the 400 channel lineup more often, threw away the video games, unplugged the constant background noises and instead, walk over to the library, get a free card and loose ourselves in the words and worlds of books. And, beside that, the occasional 25 cent late fee beats the pants off of a $130 cable bill every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment