Saturday, January 2, 2010

Room to Move

The move is complete and we are settling into our new casa. This is the back part of the property. Between this wooded area and the house is a shed and an open yard which is soon to become our new produce section. I feel like I can fully stretch my arms and legs for the first time since moving to the city. There is so much room to move and live and play. The new space does provide a lot of new work, but who the heck made the decision that work is bad. Probably some lazy bum who loves the city and cheated his way through life. I say bring on the sweat and blisters. As soon as I finish unpacking all these stinking boxes, I am heading out to get my hands dirty. I also need to build a giant bookshelf, a built in desk, and a drying rack (for cloth diapers) which will be shaped like a little tree. Next, will be burning a bunch of rotten wood and dead leaves (and possibly some cardboard boxes) and then it's time to get ready for some chickens folks. That's right I said it...Chickens. Did I pay the pet deposit? No. Is a chicken a pet? No. There will be chickens. There will be eggs. There will be omelets.

1 comment: