Monday, December 14, 2009

Weaning Cupcake


We were sitting at the breakfast table yesterday chowing down on some syrup saturated waffles when we heard Isabel say "Izzy feed!" I looked down the table and there sat my little year and half old with her shirt up and Cupcake (her favorite doll) up to her chest apparently attempting to breastfeed as her mommy does new baby brother. It was hilarious. I don't really remember what we told her afterword but at some point I remember her yelping, "Daddy, Booby Milk. HAhaHAha!" My kid is nuts. She will be the one at school talking about the anatomical terms for usually unmentioned body parts, the one who spoils the idea of Santa Claus and the one who tells her classmates where babies really come from. She is superwoman. She is Einstein. She is Marion Jones minus the drug abuse. She is superior in every way to all of your children - future, past and present. Don't be jealous, just accept it.

Now since we have established that, let us move on to better stuff like the fact that we are moving into a sweet new rent house. That's right people. We got approved. This place is perfect. It is a small little house on one acre - half of that wooded with tall trees. The property is surrounded by property. Everyone around it has multiple acres for horses and such. There is a ton of perfect sunny space for a full garden this spring (most likely in raised planter boxes since most landlords don't really appreciate tenants tilling up their land). The little house has a sweet living room with ceiling to floor windows on three sides looking out over an open field. It has a small deck on the back of the house and a covered porch on the side where much coffee and conversations will be devoured as suns set and stars sparkle. We are really excited about this next phase of life on the Front Porch Farm. Maybe now, being trapped in the city life will be less like a life sentence with no parole, and more like 3 to 5 for tax fraud in a federal penitentiary with tennis courts and knitting lessons. The big move is New Year's Day, so I am off to start packing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I just saw your comment on Jenna's blog, and I see that you're my (almost) neighbor, so I thought I'd come by and wave the neighborly flag! We're in Grandview, which is about 45 minutes south of Fort Worth - we moved here from Grand Prairie (and I too did time in Arlington) so I feel your pain. I hope you're able to escape sooner rather than later. :)

    ReplyDelete