Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hearty Breakfast with a Side of Stress


I am currently typing with one hand. The other is holding my brand-spanking-new baby boy - Nathan - all 8 pounds 12 ounces and 21 and a half inches long of him. I loved him instantly. A lot of proud fathers like to proclaim their child is special or unique but mine is the real deal. He was born with a super power. It must be a unique mutation on the genetic level, which has left him with the ability to suck all of the sleep out of the world. Wherever he goes he sleeps, while others suffer in an insomniatic state of no sleep and crusted over mental abilities. He is going to rule the world some day.
I remember the first several weeks of my daughters existence being rough, but I must have blocked out the full blast of the harsh winds of remembrance. This no sleep business is horrible son. In fact, I just realized that I am sitting here typing instead of sleeping, while he and the toddler and the mommy are all catching some heavy zzzz's. Therefore, I am going to stop being and idiot and go get....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment