Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?


Life has been crazy this last week or so, but it has also been extra joyful. Despite the new baby sleep deprivation and the toddler who has suddenly decided now would be the perfect time to turn her toddler-drive on full throttle, life is amazing. I am hard pressed to remember very many times in my life better than the last couple of days I have shared with my family. Sure I am trapped in the city life. Sure things would be even better if I were sitting on a porch in the country looking out over my land sipping apple cider made from my own trees. But right now I am smiling and loving my little family. I don't have a home in the country yet, but I have a steaming mug of hot chocolate calling my name in the kitchen and a jug of cold eggnog in the fridge just waiting to be swigged. Folks, life doesn't get much better than having a choice between hot chocolate and eggnog.

The garden is no more. That's right, I ripped all those old tired hags straight out of their stale beds and laid them to rest in a small nook hidden from view around the corner of my house (I am not allowed to compost, otherwise I would). It was sad to see the old plants go, but I also had a surge of excitement as I started thinking about planning for next spring. It stands to be my best year yet. We will hopefully be moving to a new rental home soon, which will allow me to grow a larger quantity of produce. Until then, I will keep sipping hot chocolate and chugging cold eggnog.

No comments:

Post a Comment