Friday, October 30, 2009


This "weekend" (Wednesday/Thursday for us) was treated to a visit from my parents. It was great getting to just spend time relaxing together. There's never the pressure to go go go and do do do. We can just sit in the same room, reading magazines and enjoying each other's company. My dad gave me an enormous stack of Handyman magazines, and just a mere glance in their direction has made me fired up for building stuff. It doesn't even matter what. I just want to build. Someday, I will have my own piece of dirt in the country and will build the ultimate project, a home, with these two hands I use to type. I would love to buy a little old shack of house that I can just buy outright and then use the money I would have spent on the mortgage for slowly building my custom home. Save a little, build a little, save a little, build a little...until it's finished. Ah, to completely own my own home on my own dirt with my own plants, dog, cat, chickens, goat, dairy cow, bees and whatever else and not owe a stinkin' dime to anybody. Someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment