Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Has Fallen


The only position for the windows of the car yesterday were down. The northern blast of wind felt so amazing blowing in my face as I drove around the city, which had literally transformed over night. The day before the cold front the high was in the upper 80s, but after, we never took a step beyond 59. Talk about a shock to Summer-hardened Texas skin! I could hear everyone north of the Mason-Dixon Line join in a collective laugh at the Texans walking around bundled tight in coats, gloves and hats. Heck, in North Dakota this is great weather for taking a dip in the pool. It is so funny how after we have acclimated to the brutal summer heat 60 degrees feels so freezing cold, while 60 degrees in February/March has everyone running to the store to buy shorts and beach blankets. Its all relative. I, however, am embracing this, most likely temporary, winter blast with open arms. Every caw of the Autumn crow delivers a smile to my face and sense of comfort I associate with heavy blankets and wintry-gray skies. I say we should all head out for a hayride with hot chocolate and good friends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment