Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fallberries


Strawberries in the Fall? Who knew?! Our three going-on-four part family leisurely strolled past the Front Porch Farm (and by strolled I mean took the four steps past it to unlock the front door) after returning from our journey to the bookstore and a delicious ransacking of two dessert plates at the Cheesecake Factory (thank you very much 2 year old $10 gift card). But while in route to the door, I was treated to a pleasant surprise when Nocona said, "Look baby strawberries." I couldn't believe it - Fall Fruits! I read a fair share of gardening books and magazine articles, but some how I missed the part telling me strawberries grow in the fall. So, as the leaves start to turn all their warming shades in contrast to the cooling winds, I will be partaking in a fresh strawberry smoothie or a warm strawberry shortcake to accompany a blazing hot cup of evening coffee.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment