Sunday, September 27, 2009

Biscuits!


When I was a kid around 4th-5th grade my friends and I thought the word "biscuits" was the funniest thing ever. We would blurt it across the cafeteria, yell it down the hall, use it as a victory chant after winning a playground race, and best of all we would wait for a quiet reading moment in class and when the timing was just right..."BiScUiTs!" Such a simple pleasure. A few years ago when my nephew was approximately that same age I realized all little boys are on a endless repeating loop of stupid when he loudly proclaimed in my mother's kitchen, "Cornbread!" in the exact same ridiculous manner I had so joyously shouted my baked good word. The other day while cooking I further realized that despite the years stacking up since 5th grade I still find myself mixing batter with the unstoppable need for an annoyingly loud "Biscuits!" or "Cornbread!" Still stuck on the Stupid Loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment