Monday, September 14, 2009

Slower

How is it possible that we have so much "time saving" technology yet we are the most rushed people in history. Always behind. Always speeding. Always stressed. I am consciously deciding to slow down. At work, I write slower on paper work and the results have been neater work and fewer mistakes. While driving, I leave a little sooner and drive a little slower and the result has been less anger toward other drivers. When cooking, I try to do it all the old way without all of the "time saving" technology and the results are better tasting food and a bigger smile on my face while eating a meal that was carefully created solely by my own hands. The more I slow down the more I realize how much I was missing. The more I slow down the more joy I find in every corner I didn't see.

No comments:

Post a Comment