Sunday, September 6, 2009

Greener Pastures



I went to bed late and woke up early. Too early. But even running on fumes I love the morning. Working an evening shift has been a hard adjustment - the inability to go to bed early, the need to sleep late. My body is built for waking up just before the sun, sitting outside with a hot cup of fresh coffee followed by a big breakfast of blueberry pancakes with homemade syrup, a tall glass of juice and the morning newspaper. Perfect.

Today, we are skipping church (again) to "worship" a grande yummy something with soy and no whip at Starbucks. It is hard to conjure up the desire to connect with people when you have no desire what-so-ever to stay in a certain place. Although introverted by nature, I do enjoy making friends, but when your nomadic its difficult. I am officially ready to settle down. It would be nice not having a new drastic career and lifestyle change every 2-3 years. I just finished re-watching Lonesome Dove which, despite the hardships depicted in it, arouses deep longings in me for the stability and simplicity of a time past.

No comments:

Post a Comment