Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lactose Intolerant Birds Beware


This is the latest of my bird houses I've been making out of old scrap wood. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it since our townhouse seems to only attract the ugliest varieties of black loud squawking birds in the continental U.S. But, they are fun to make.


My cantaloupe plants are putting on quite a show of yellow flowers which makes me just want to punch them in the face since they didn't produce a single thing and now the weather is a tad bit too hot (and by that I mean similar to the surface of the sun). So, I suppose we will just watch and see what happens. The tomato plants are looking really healthy, which leads me to believe they are going to make it through to fall.

Ah fall! Come quickly! I have always been a Summer guy, but this year, after a few zillion times of standing on a freeway hot enough to make an omelet wearing a black outfit with 20-30 pounds of equipment hanging from my body, I am seriously ready for those Autumn leaves to start dropping and those cool breezes to start blowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment