Thursday, March 4, 2010

Want to Buy a House?


Ah...the country. We left the Front Porch Farm, along with the rest of the city, in the rearview mirror as we sped south to the country. Unfortunately, this trip is not primarily focused on R&R. Yesterday, I spent the entire day with my father driving down to the gulf coast to check on my house, which has been occupied by a renter for the last two years. The timing was perfect because the renter was driving off with the last of her belongings in tow as I was pulling up. But then came the damage assessment....(1) changed locks, (2) fat iron burn mark in the middle of the living room carpet, (3) chewed wood corners of every step on the stairwell, (4) the weediest/ugliest lawn I have ever seen, (5) flower beds that looked like the Vietnam jungle (seriously, I was considering napalm and agent orange as viable options), (5) approximately seven hundred thousand nail holes in the walls, (6) a couple of big damage-to-sheetrock holes, (7) shredded carpet in upstairs hall and one of the bedrooms, and (8) general overall filthiness.

Despite all that, I informed the realtor I had about 3, maybe 4, months of mortgage payments in the bank and she said, "I think I can sell it in 30 days!" I seriously considered making out with her on the spot. So, hopefully I am about to spend a little money and make some big money.

*The picture is a rare glimpse of snow on my parents farm. This was probably the most they have had in about 25 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment