Friday, February 5, 2010

Gray Skies

The gray dreary skies have been dragging over us for more days than I can remember. I long for a sunny break - a single refreshing blast of warm rays to dry out my soaked swamp, formally known as my backyard. All day, every day, rain, cold, rain, cold, rain, cold... I don't mind some cold weather but bone soaking wet cold is a different story. I have fifty billion outdoor projects I want to accomplish that are all patiently waiting on my pending list for the weather to get itself under control.

Despite the muck and mud, I am going to build the first 6'x3' planter box which will host the first early season round of potatoes and onions. I will be building the box out of 2"x"6" boards left behind by my landlord that appear to have been untouched since "Hammer Pants" were cool. Hopefully, they will do the trick and save me some cash. I am also in the process of building a bookshelf, a storage cabinet, and a semi built-in craft table. And here you thought I was a one project kind of guy. I'm loose in my construction morals.

I made Isabel an awesome pair of pajama pants, which I would show you but my stupid memory card reader decided to give up the ghost so I am presently unable to transport pictures from my camera to my computer...baby is crying and I am on duty...

p.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment