Thursday, March 17, 2011

Started



Yesterday, I had a bad shoulder. Today, I have a terrible shoulder. I downed my cup of joe and scrambled eggs this morning, and zipped off with Izzy to Home Depot. We made quick work of selecting the biggest tiller they had to rent, gave the man fifty-five bucks and hurried home to tear open some backyard. Nocona and I wrestled the 250 pound tiller out of the truck bed, and that was the end of the easy stuff. With blissful ignorance, I fired up the giant rear tine tilling machine, popped it into gear, and off we went. Some of the dirt was silky smooth and the tiller chewed it up like a soft baked cookie, but approximately one forth of the patch was like a brick...house might,mighty. Mighty ridiculous. After 3 hours and several passes of doing the world's longest isometric tricep dip, the garden was started and my shoulder was finished. I did, however, go on to plant potatoes, onions, a few strawberry plants, a couple of cucumbers, and a blackberry bush. My 4 hour rental time constraint coupled with my stupid shoulder prevented me from making the garden quite as big as I wanted this year. Overall though, I am pleased with the outcome.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment