Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Malodorous Stench

No garden today. Once again, work has pushed its ugly head on scene and changed better plans for the worse. I have to go to work today and make some extra cheddar. So, the start of the garden is officially postponed until tomorrow or possibly next Wednesday. Now lets talk about something far nastier. Several weeks ago we started smelling a faint malodorous stench in the air each time we entered our house. Initially it was easy to attribute the slight rancidness to a poop diaper or a morning contribution to the porcelain throne, but as the days advanced so did the assault on our olfactory glands. Something in, or more precisely under, our house was bad wrong. Since we rent our house, I contacted the property management and advised them concerning the unpleasant situation. Then, a week later, I contacted the property management and advised them concerning the unpleasant situation. Then, a week later, I contacted the property management and advised them concerning the unpleasant situation. Then, just when I was about to get as nasty as the filth growing beneath my house they called back and said the plumber was on the way. When he arrived he opened a super secret access panel, previously unbeknownst to me, which provided access to the under side of the house. Ignorance truly is bliss. The septic system has been leaking under the house creating a grotesque mixture of fecal matter, gray water waste, mud and their evil offspring, MOLD! Like Dr. House blankly staring off into the distance the moment a brilliant diagnosis comes to light, I stood next to the secret hatch to my horrid hell barely hearing what the plumber was saying and realized this was the reason everybody, but me, has had sinus infection type symptoms for the last two and half weeks. I am sure the only reason I have avoided the symptoms is simply due to the fact that I leave the house for eight plus hours everyday. Shit! Our shit is poisoning us!

No comments:

Post a Comment