Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cold Mud then Warm Dirt


When Christmas is over and the decorations come down, I start looking to the next brightest thing. And that is definitely planning the garden. The timeline is being made. Soon, seeds will be purchased, and a truck load of compost will be dumped. I cannot wait to get back to the dirt. All winter I feel like a greedy consumer with zero use to society, but spring brings production. In spring, there are no weekly trips to buy produce shipped from Mexico and Argentina. There are no frozen bags of peas or blackberries. The garden is me providing for me (and my people). I know spring is still a couple months of freezing snow and cold fronts away, but I see the winter season following Christmas as bright and clean. We always try to cheer up the dreary winter doldrums with a fresh start in the house. Make things shinier, brighter, different...change the furniture around, make new pillows, swap comforters, build a new desk or just paint something happier. We are going to start a new year with new smiles. When the weather outside is frightful, I hope your home is delightful.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment