Friday, December 23, 2011

Pre-Spring Restoration


I love Christmas time, but as the hype builds to the big day I tend to loose a little enthusiasm.  Especially years like this one, where family celebrations are held a week early.  There is still a growing excitement spurred on by my children's growing anticipation of the special morning, but usually around this time I start shifting into the winter doldrums.  However, the winter seems to bring with it some kind of magical mental restorations.  During the heat of summer, every year, as my garden peters out, I am always overwhelmed with the desire to never garden again.  I get sick of mowing, pruning, picking, watering, weeding and most of all watching my efforts disappear under the blazing rays of the Texas summer sun.  Somehow though, the winter winds restore my lost passions concerning hard work.  As Christmas comes to a close, all I can think of is mowing, pruning, picking, watering, weeding, seeding, fertilizing, and tilling under that hot summer sun.  So, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Pre-Spring Dreaming.

1 comment: