Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Anniversary

Sixteen years ago I asked this girl to go to the movies with me. Nine years ago we got married. We had no money, no real jobs, and no house. We were both in school. We were moving into an apartment in the ghetto (one bullet hole through the window and one gang shooting witnessed thirty feet away would convince us to move). Our idea of a special date night was splurging on something from the Jack-in-the-Box dollar menu. We didn't have much, but we had dreams of a long future together with kids and careers. Little me and little her would have never guessed the ridiculous paths life has taken us. Things are different than we planned, but things are great. And best of all no more Jack-in-the-Box.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Jack-In-The-Box ... What is wrong with you?!?!? Oh I know ... A Lot.

    ReplyDelete