Sunday, February 27, 2011

Personal Sun


This new flashlight I just bought is fairly close to mind-blowing. In my field of work, a good flashlight usually cost around the century mark. For the last few years, I have been using 2 very expensive, highly touted rechargeable lights that I had bought for a so-called "steal." I dropped the bigger one of the duo after only a couple of months on the job and it never worked again. The smaller one has been my little dull workhorse ever since, but now the battery will no longer hold a charge and the replacement battery is about $50... no I'm not joking. So, I did some looking around for a cheaper good replacement. I discovered the Nu-Flare. I don't know how this tiny little flashlight does it, but it is like having my own personal Sun in my pocket for just thirty bucks. It is literally the brightest flashlight I have ever seen. Now the real test is battery life. It is not rechargeable. Even though it was way cheaper than anything comparable, I am going to have to keep spending more dough on batteries. I guess time will tell if it was worth it.
I was showing off the new sunshine maker to some equally impressed colleagues, and one asked did it come with a case for my belt. "No," I replied, "My wife will probably help me make one."
You would have thought I just said I was going to go home to build my own cannon. My coworkers' snobby snarls where coupled with confusion as to why I don't just go down to the store and buy one. I tried to explain the need for more of us to be producers instead of consumers. Talk about a topic falling on deaf ears. It was more than deaf ears it was insulting superiority complex ears. What the hell is the matter with everybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment