Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just About Perfect

I am fairly certain that a fifty-seven degree morning filled with greasy crunchy bacon (not that weak turkey stuff but real bacon), homemade biscuits smothered in gravy and a couple of steamy aromatic mugs  of coffee is as good as it gets.  Especially, when both toddlers are being sweet and loving toward each other, the three month pregnant wife with pneumonia is feeling better and today is my Friday!  I think Autumn is a perfect excuse to celebrate anything.  I want to have a giant party.  I want to go buy a zillion pumpkins.  I want to hang paper bats from the ceiling with Isabel.  I want to just sit on the porch and visit.  I want to start making and buying Christmas presents.  I want to go running.  I want to drive a tractor pulling a trailer filled with laughing people sitting on quilt-covered hay bails.  I want to sit around a fire pit in the back yard with friends.  I want to smell a pot of chili cooking.  I want to go camping.  I want another cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment