Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Chickens

My little family and I have arrived in the booming metropolis of Bedias, where we will spend the next week relaxing and enjoy the soothing sounds of nothing. I spent most of the day today celebrating Christmas with my in-laws. It was a good time but I found myself sitting there surrounded by great new presents for both me and my kids and all I wanted was chickens. Not chicken...chickens. My wife told me how one of her friends just got a load of new chickens and I am jealous. Is it odd that when everyone around me longs for iPads, Android phones, and video game gadgets, my wish list primarily includes some dirt to hold a few seeds, a handful of fresh eggs per day, and freedom from debt? If only Santa could stuff that down the chimney.

No comments:

Post a Comment