Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tools!


Life is too short to stay in a job you hate. When I worked with students, I would often talk to them about what they wanted to study in college and my standard advise was this: If tomorrow morning you woke up to the sound of someone knocking at your door who was there to tell you that your long lost uncle just died and left you 10 billion dollars, what job would you select if you were still going to work everyday. I enjoy my job quite a bit (what other job allows you to fight, bluntly tell bad parents off, and drive really fast), but I work with some extremely disgruntled individuals on a daily basis. A couple of days ago I was speaking with one of those coworkers who was telling me how much they think our job sucks and how everything is so bad...blah blah blah. I proposed the 10 Billion Dollar Hypothetical to that person and it really got me thinking. What would I choose? I think I would work in the tool section of Sears.

No comments:

Post a Comment