Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gang Fight

We piled into the car at 7:20am this morning and sped out of town so Nocona could run in a 5K race with one of her friends, while I was tasked with taking care of the babies (Dad's do not babysit!) We arrived just in time for her to sprint to the starting line and "bang" take off. We cheered for Mommy and the other runners for the full 2 minute-toddler-attention-span, then ran off to dance to the live band and watch ducks swimming in a pond close by. As we made our way around the pond, we were approached by several members of an angry inner-city gang that preys on unsuspecting victims enjoying a day at the park. They were snorting and honking all manners of vile communication as they grossly invaded the personal space of both me and my children. I boldly pulled on my daughter's hand bringing around behind me in order to face the leader of this pack one-on-one. He kept coming closer and closer, but I held my ground, ready for anything. Normally, guys like this run when they see me coming but not this scraggly bunch. They were moving into tactical positions, attempting to triangulate us, when all of a sudden....OUCH!...their leader snapped his head down and took a biting chunk out of my leg. Let me just tell you, I didn't care how many people were standing around watching. I kicked that goose a good feather-busting 10 feet! With that, he and his gang scurried off into the bushes with few derogatory parting honks.

No comments:

Post a Comment